About Me

My photo
I am a multifaceted woman, living with intention and passion. I always see the glass as half full (ok, almost always). Currently into: jewelry design, glass beadmaking (aka lampworking), visual journaling, cooking and web design everything. Things that bring me great joy: my family, friends, Scrabble, British period pieces, Shabby Chic, Austin, TX, mini art tiles, autographed cookbooks, chocolate, Chianti, pedicures and beach glass. I don't "do" and/or dig: dishonesty, guilt, intolerance, unkindness, drama and goat cheese (it's a long story, but I love all the other cheeses!) So you now have a teeny tiny little picture of me, with a few warts thrown in. Welcome to my world!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Playing with my Food


It's been a great food filled weekend at my house. On Friday night I put a nice pork shoulder into the crockpot with some chipotle pepper, onion, fresh garlic and ground cumin. By the morning, the entire house smelled intoxicating! I made slow roasted pork tacos for breakfast, with homemade ranchero sauce and fresh avocado. And we found some new corn and flour blended tortillas that were amazing! Then this morning my hubby made migas, cut up corn tortillas with eggs, along with homemade pico de gallo and a side of the roasted pork. Tonight, I used all the juice from the roasted pork and a couple cups of the pork, chopped fine to make polenta. It tasted like tamales without the husk! Earlier today, I made one of my favorite dishes, asparagus potato salad, but added some corn kernals, cut off freshly cooked corn on the cob. My kids loved it, so I'm really happy with the food holiday weekend. And being in the kitchen is another creative outlet for me...I just love playing with food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!