About Me

My photo
I am a multifaceted woman, living with intention and passion. I always see the glass as half full (ok, almost always). Currently into: jewelry design, glass beadmaking (aka lampworking), visual journaling, cooking and web design everything. Things that bring me great joy: my family, friends, Scrabble, British period pieces, Shabby Chic, Austin, TX, mini art tiles, autographed cookbooks, chocolate, Chianti, pedicures and beach glass. I don't "do" and/or dig: dishonesty, guilt, intolerance, unkindness, drama and goat cheese (it's a long story, but I love all the other cheeses!) So you now have a teeny tiny little picture of me, with a few warts thrown in. Welcome to my world!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pomp and Circumstance

     What is it about "Pomp and Circumstance," that makes me cry? As soon as I hear the first opening notes, I feel my chest tighten and tears form, it hits a certain emotional cord and I can't hold back. My daughter Tess graduated yesterday and it was a wonderful day. We got there early and had the chance to find good seats, unlike two years ago when my son graduated and we had to sit waaay back. The pride you feel when one of your children reaches such a big milestone in their lives is tremendous, it just fills you up and makes you feel like puffing out, lol, like a feathered bird of some kind. And then we too some photos and went to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Trattoria Stella, before dropping our graduate off at an open house and then the senior party. It was quite a day and we are so proud and happy to have two of our four children through high school! Can I get an "Amen?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!