About Me

My photo
I am a multifaceted woman, living with intention and passion. I always see the glass as half full (ok, almost always). Currently into: jewelry design, glass beadmaking (aka lampworking), visual journaling, cooking and web design everything. Things that bring me great joy: my family, friends, Scrabble, British period pieces, Shabby Chic, Austin, TX, mini art tiles, autographed cookbooks, chocolate, Chianti, pedicures and beach glass. I don't "do" and/or dig: dishonesty, guilt, intolerance, unkindness, drama and goat cheese (it's a long story, but I love all the other cheeses!) So you now have a teeny tiny little picture of me, with a few warts thrown in. Welcome to my world!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Blackeye Pea Salad and Family Reunions

I love family reunions, a chance to see all my relatives and catch up and of course eat wonderful food. My aunt and uncle from Texas are visiting and another aunt and uncle are having everyone over for a summer garden party. I decided to make a couple dishes to take. One is the Blackeye Pea Salad pictured. It has blackeye peas, white corn kernals, mandarin oranges, roma tomatoes, green scallions, fresh garlic and a vinaigrette of olive oil and a lovely balsamic. A bit of salt and pepper too and viola, a bright, festive and delicious cold salad. I also made a couple of the fresh fruit dessert pizzas. But instead of just strawberries, it will have fresh raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries. I love the topping of cream cheese and marshmallow fluff, I could eat the whole bowl with a spoon! I'll have more photos of all the other goodies and my aunt and uncle's lovely garden later...I just hope I remember to take some, I forgot to take photos of the wonderful
Vietnamese food we had last night, and I took my camera into the restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!