About Me

My photo
I am a multifaceted woman, living with intention and passion. I always see the glass as half full (ok, almost always). Currently into: jewelry design, glass beadmaking (aka lampworking), visual journaling, cooking and web design everything. Things that bring me great joy: my family, friends, Scrabble, British period pieces, Shabby Chic, Austin, TX, mini art tiles, autographed cookbooks, chocolate, Chianti, pedicures and beach glass. I don't "do" and/or dig: dishonesty, guilt, intolerance, unkindness, drama and goat cheese (it's a long story, but I love all the other cheeses!) So you now have a teeny tiny little picture of me, with a few warts thrown in. Welcome to my world!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Cherry Fest Parade, Kiddie Rides and the Reading Parlour

Family awaiting the big parade!

     My mom and dad came up to watch the National Cherry Festival Cherry Royal Parade with us on Saturday. The weather was gorgeous and we had great seats under a tree with lots of shade. That is my mom sitting next to my empty seat, and then my daughter with the blue hat, my dad and finally my sweet hubby, who got up at 4 a.m. to put the chairs out!  My favorite parts of the parade were the Woodland School float, a tribute to Sault Ste. Marie in the Upper Peninsula, The Scottville Clown Band, The Cherry Festival Chair-y Drill Team, the Elmer's "Pink Ribbon" cement mixer, another elementary school's tribute to Frankenmuth float and another band dressed up in black and yellow stripes like bumble bees. 

Elmer's "Pink Ribbon" Cement Mixer

If you take a photo of this cement mixer when you see it and go to their website and tell them where you saw it, they will donate $2 to breast cancer research. Pretty cool, eh?

Frankenmuth City Float

We used to live in Frankenmuth, Michigan. It is a cool town to explore. My hubby is German, so we had lots of fun being immersed in German culture for about eight months. Bronner's is the largest Christmas store in the U.S. if I'm not mistaken, you can get lost there!

Woodland School "Sault Ste. Marie" Float


The theme this year for all the elementary school floats appeared to be famous or historical Michigan cities. Sault Ste. Marie (pronounced Soo Saint Marie) is in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.


Scottville Clown Band

I look forward to seeing this band every year, they are very good and having so much fun! The clown get ups are just a riot too!


Bumblebee looking marching band whose name I cannot recall!

Their gear was so striking and they were pretty good too.

Kids on the Tilt-A-Whirl

     We took the kids to the Midway on Thursday so they could enjoy a few rides. They had a great time and we had a great time watching them have a great time, lol. I was never one for roller coasters or other thrill rides, but my kids enjoy them and I like to live vicariously these days.

 




And if you are wondering how my new "Reading Parlour" is coming along, here are a few more current photos. My mom and I had "tea" in it yesterday. I made finger sandwiches and used my tidbit server along with some pretty glasses for a little dessert wine. It was just lovely!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!