About Me

My photo
I am a multifaceted woman, living with intention and passion. I always see the glass as half full (ok, almost always). Currently into: jewelry design, glass beadmaking (aka lampworking), visual journaling, cooking and web design everything. Things that bring me great joy: my family, friends, Scrabble, British period pieces, Shabby Chic, Austin, TX, mini art tiles, autographed cookbooks, chocolate, Chianti, pedicures and beach glass. I don't "do" and/or dig: dishonesty, guilt, intolerance, unkindness, drama and goat cheese (it's a long story, but I love all the other cheeses!) So you now have a teeny tiny little picture of me, with a few warts thrown in. Welcome to my world!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Teacup Tuesday

Pansy Cup and Saucer
     Welcome to Teacup Tuesday! This is one of my Pansy teacups. I actually have an entire set of dishes in this pattern that I absolutely adore. I had found several pieces of this USA pattern here and there, but found a huge set with lots of pieces including dinner plates, berry bowls, vegetable bowls, platters in two sizes, a gravy boat, creamer, lidded sugar and of course teacups and saucers. I got lucky since it was half off and quite a great bargain at a local resale shop. I've been collecting pansy dishes for years and have other individual pansy items, but this set of dishes is one of my favorites. I like to pair these dishes with the green block optic depression glass dishes I have, they look beautiful together on the table. Not all, but some of the pieces have USA impressed into the back, so I assume they are all made in the USA, but not sure about their history, though I have googled it and tried to find out when they were made and where. If you have any idea, I love to know more about them.
    Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a most lovely and charming day! If you click on the Teacup Tuesday link in my sidebar, it will take you to the master list of participants this week.

13 comments:

  1. What a darlng Pansy teacup! Love it!

    Thanks so much for sharing.


    I also want to most warmly invite you to partake with,visit and grace our little corner of 'Tuesday And Wednesday Teatime In Blogland' ..,

    Please do feel most welcome to visit our little shared meme that I am delighted to share with my dear friend Pam @ http://breathoffresh
    air-paperbutterfly.blogspot.com

    ..,and also my little bit @ http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com for our 14th, 'Teapots And Tea Things Tuesday'!..,(*This week's theme is cherry desserts~yum)!

    ~There is also my 42nd, 'Tuesday Tea For Two' blog tea party and the 33rd, 'Wednesday Tea For Me and Thee' to be held @ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com

    We would simply love to have you join in the teatime fun!..,

    As I often say; the more tea parties in blogland, the better!

    Have a marvelous week dear 'Queen Of Tides'!

    Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I just love this pansy cup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely idea! collecting pansy dishes,your cup is really pretty...Pansy is a flower I love,I have only a tea cup with this flower It's also belonged to a collection of Months of the year and the flower of August is Pansy!
    Next week I'm going to show it and you can watch it
    Meeting you has been a pleasure
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Great that you have the set! How lucky. Such a nice pattern that brings lots of smiles! Happy Tea Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pansies are such pretty and delicate flowers. This teacup is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pansies! How lovely. I am calling Mum right now so she can see your teacup. She loves pansies. Have a wonderful day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi: I just love the pansy tea cup. It is so cute. Thank you so much for sharing. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pansy teacup is lovely and how nice to find dishes you love at a bargain price.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely Pansy teacup and seeing it the second time around is just as lovely!

    Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

    It's soon that time of the week once more for, 'Tuesday And Wednesday Teatime In Blogland'!..,

    You are most warmly invited to attend and also to partake with our little teatime delights for my 43rd,'Tuesday Tea for Two' as well as for my 34th, Wednesday Tea For Me And Thee' weekly blog teaparties held @ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com

    ..,Last but not least in our little 'suite of tea party offerings' is the delightful, 15th, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday' shared blog tea party meme that I share with my dear friend Pam @ http://breathoffreshairpaperbutterfly.blogspot.com

    ~The other 1/2 of the 15th, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday' meme is my other meme, held also @ http://silkenpurse.blogsport.com blog..,

    As I am fond of saying; you can never have too many tea parties in blogland!..,

    Hope to see you there!

    Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maria!I got caught up on your blog today...so glad that everything went alright with your surgery.
    SO much fun!I've done about 6 more pages since I've been back.Every few days I do one.I loved reading on your blog about the Teesha retreat!
    I too used to collect pansy teacups!Unfortunately,I sold most of them a few year ago in one of my "weeding out" modes...I still have a few faves!
    Keep up the great blog!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maria, I must say what a wonderful blog you have and I have enjoied my little visit.. I am most definitly going to be back.. I have enjoyed your pretty little Teacup and Saucer..

    I read about your surgery and I'm glad it all went well.. My dad just had his gallblader out.. No fun at all!

    I have a little Orange ATC for you, and can't wait to get it out in the mail your way.. So if you would like to e-mail me with your info.. I will get it out to you..

    Hugs, Linda

    mhplinda@embarqmail.com
    myhappyplace-linda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!