About Me

My photo
I am a multifaceted woman, living with intention and passion. I always see the glass as half full (ok, almost always). Currently into: jewelry design, glass beadmaking (aka lampworking), visual journaling, cooking and web design everything. Things that bring me great joy: my family, friends, Scrabble, British period pieces, Shabby Chic, Austin, TX, mini art tiles, autographed cookbooks, chocolate, Chianti, pedicures and beach glass. I don't "do" and/or dig: dishonesty, guilt, intolerance, unkindness, drama and goat cheese (it's a long story, but I love all the other cheeses!) So you now have a teeny tiny little picture of me, with a few warts thrown in. Welcome to my world!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Bump in the Road

     What's this about a bump? Actually, I'm not sure if it is a little inconsequential bump or if it is an ice berg kind of bump, with a lot more hidden beneath the surface. But while I'm waiting to find out just how big this particular bump actually is (this is not a reference to a lump,tumor or growth), I'm worried. And when I'm worried, I'm distracted and my stomach feels like it is in knots. I really don't enjoy this (like anyone I know enjoys being worried). I'm trying to find a way to keep my head in a  level and calm space. But it's proving to be difficult, very difficult. I have old behavior patterns that want to barge in and make themselves at home again. Unwelcome mental and emotional house guests I tell you. In the past, I would hyper focus on things, worry non-stop and let everything else go.There was such a lack of balance in my life. Luckily, I found a way out of that old way and I have been so much healthier and happier over the past few years. But I guess I haven't had anything major come along in quite a while that has pushed me like this. So I am taking deep breaths, exhaling slowly and reminding myself that going back to the old way will not solve anything. It will not make me feel better. It will not be healthy in any way, shape or form. What do I need to do?
     I need to think positive. I need to live in this moment and focus on what is happening right now. Be present, be present, be present. Do what I can with the resources I have. Be proactive and keep it all in perspective. I don't know what is going to happen with this bump, but I do know that I do not have any control over it right now. I have to accept this fact and not neglect all the other things going on in my life right now. It is going to be what it is going to be. Surrender. Breathe. Think light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!