About Me

My photo
I am a multifaceted woman, living with intention and passion. I always see the glass as half full (ok, almost always). Currently into: jewelry design, glass beadmaking (aka lampworking), visual journaling, cooking and web design everything. Things that bring me great joy: my family, friends, Scrabble, British period pieces, Shabby Chic, Austin, TX, mini art tiles, autographed cookbooks, chocolate, Chianti, pedicures and beach glass. I don't "do" and/or dig: dishonesty, guilt, intolerance, unkindness, drama and goat cheese (it's a long story, but I love all the other cheeses!) So you now have a teeny tiny little picture of me, with a few warts thrown in. Welcome to my world!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Favorite Movie

     Thinking about one of my favorite movies today. One I haven't seen in a long time. "Impromptu," with Judy Davis, Hugh Grant and Mandy Patinkin. The first time I saw it, I was just enthralled! Loved the story, loved the acting and I am a sucker for British period pieces. Then I found out it was based on an actual story, I was really intrigued. Judy Davis was just incredible as Madame George Sand. I intended to find a biography on her at some point, but have not gotten around to it. Not high enough on the ol' priority list, apparently. Hugh plays a very sickly yet supremely talented Chopin, the pianist. George falls for Chopin through his music and is relentless in her pursuit of him. But there are twists and turns along the way. Oh, the whole thing is such a soap opera, but so well done, it is one of my favorite movies. I won't give it all away, but you can find the story by just googling it if you are really curious. I plan on getting it soon, in time to watch before Valentine's Day. It's been too long. Maybe I'll even track it down and try to add it to my DVD library, who knows. But definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it before.
  
p.s. The heart displayed was created in Photoshop CS4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!