About Me

My photo
I am a multifaceted woman, living with intention and passion. I always see the glass as half full (ok, almost always). Currently into: jewelry design, glass beadmaking (aka lampworking), visual journaling, cooking and web design everything. Things that bring me great joy: my family, friends, Scrabble, British period pieces, Shabby Chic, Austin, TX, mini art tiles, autographed cookbooks, chocolate, Chianti, pedicures and beach glass. I don't "do" and/or dig: dishonesty, guilt, intolerance, unkindness, drama and goat cheese (it's a long story, but I love all the other cheeses!) So you now have a teeny tiny little picture of me, with a few warts thrown in. Welcome to my world!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Birthday and Father's Day

     It's my son Ricky's 16th birthday today and Father's Day, so we had mucho amounts of celebrating to squeeze in to the day. We had a lovely ice cream cake thanks fo my mom for the birthday and we had a brunch of chorizo sausage and eggs along with homemade tortillas, also thanks to my sweet mom.
We didn't get to visit with my dad as much as I would have liked, but we still had a four hour drive home.
     Now we are getting ready to enjoy my hubby's Father's Day present, a slide show! His mom and dad gave him a nice big box of slides years ago and I finally found a projector and trays recently at a garage sale so we can all take a look at them. We have a sheet hung up on our entertainment center and we are just waiting for it to get a little bit darker and then we'll have our show! There are photos of him in the hospital up till his high school graduation and lots of birthdays and Christmas' in between. We are so excited to see these, there is something about old fashioned slides that we just love. As I was putting them into the trays last week, I got to see little snippets of them, which was like getting to have a whiff of baking brownies but not getting to taste them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!