About Me

My photo
I am a multifaceted woman, living with intention and passion. I always see the glass as half full (ok, almost always). Currently into: jewelry design, glass beadmaking (aka lampworking), visual journaling, cooking and web design everything. Things that bring me great joy: my family, friends, Scrabble, British period pieces, Shabby Chic, Austin, TX, mini art tiles, autographed cookbooks, chocolate, Chianti, pedicures and beach glass. I don't "do" and/or dig: dishonesty, guilt, intolerance, unkindness, drama and goat cheese (it's a long story, but I love all the other cheeses!) So you now have a teeny tiny little picture of me, with a few warts thrown in. Welcome to my world!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Julie!

     My friend Julie turned the big 5-0 this week and we threw her a surprise cocktail party. We had vintage photos from her childhood along with more recent ones plastered around a big photo from her childhood that everyone could sign. We also had some balloons in the tropical bright colors she and I both love, turquoise, pink, orange, lime green and red, forgot the purple though. The cosmo is her favorite cocktail and she had enough to keep her happy and cute all night long. I made this card for her using the visual journal techniques I've picked up, especially influenced by Teesha Moore, of course. My friend is among other things, a survivor of breast cancer, a wonderful mother of 3 smart and good looking kids, supreme knitter, seamstress, photographer, crafter, boss lady and generous friend. I feel so lucky to have her in my life and delighted in celebrating such a milestone birthday! Happy Birthday my friend!
     And it was after the party that I had my ridiculous gall bladder attack, can you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!