About Me

My photo
I am a multifaceted woman, living with intention and passion. I always see the glass as half full (ok, almost always). Currently into: jewelry design, glass beadmaking (aka lampworking), visual journaling, cooking and web design everything. Things that bring me great joy: my family, friends, Scrabble, British period pieces, Shabby Chic, Austin, TX, mini art tiles, autographed cookbooks, chocolate, Chianti, pedicures and beach glass. I don't "do" and/or dig: dishonesty, guilt, intolerance, unkindness, drama and goat cheese (it's a long story, but I love all the other cheeses!) So you now have a teeny tiny little picture of me, with a few warts thrown in. Welcome to my world!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Gall Bladder attack anyone?

     I had my first gall bladder attack, guess I need to make a patch for that! Started around 9pm last night and by 2:30am, I had my husband take me to the emergency room, in the middle of a big thunderstorm, of course. I thought it was just gas, lol, really painful gas, and was too embarrassed to go sooner. And apparently the best cure for a gall bladder attack is to have it removed! I think that is overkill, no? They don't take hearts out for heart attacks do they? The staff at Munson hospital was wonderful and kind. They took some blood, hooked me up to an IV and gave me some dilauden for the pain and then a lovely ultrasound. We left at 5:30am, with the sky lightening, but too many clouds to see one of the five sunrises on my list of 44 things to do before I turn 45, darn it. I felt better and was advised to take it easy and stick to a liquid diet for the next couple of days, broth, water and jello type things. But after that kind of discomfort/pain, I could care less if I ever eat anything again the rest of my life! So looks like I'll be losing my gall bladder at some point in time probably sooner than later considering that the pain has been creeping back up on me for the last couple hours, even though I've been laying in bed trying to sleep and have only had some water to drink today. Why didn't I think to put "have something removed" on my list of 44 things to do before I turn 45? BTW, number (5) is the gall bladder in the illustration, tucked under the liver...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!