About Me

My photo
I am a multifaceted woman, living with intention and passion. I always see the glass as half full (ok, almost always). Currently into: jewelry design, glass beadmaking (aka lampworking), visual journaling, cooking and web design everything. Things that bring me great joy: my family, friends, Scrabble, British period pieces, Shabby Chic, Austin, TX, mini art tiles, autographed cookbooks, chocolate, Chianti, pedicures and beach glass. I don't "do" and/or dig: dishonesty, guilt, intolerance, unkindness, drama and goat cheese (it's a long story, but I love all the other cheeses!) So you now have a teeny tiny little picture of me, with a few warts thrown in. Welcome to my world!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Foodie Friday!


    If you live in TC or have plans to visit this year, you cannot miss a visit to 9 Bean Rows Bakery. Although I mentioned them before back in the winter, I have to give them another shout out, the offerings are that good. They are located on Front St., in a tiny little hole in the wall, and offer my favorite bread and croissants on the planet. Although they have several fabulous breads, but my newest fav is the sea salt and fennel, holy moly, it is to die for! I crave this bread all the time.
Warm croissants
I could eat an entire loaf with nothing but sweet cream butter, but it also makes brilliant grilled cheese sandwiches. The croissants are the lightest and butteriest I have ever had. The brioche loaf makes incredible french toast. AND, they are the nicest people, you never leave the bakery unhappy, even when they are out of your favorites (which happens if you don't get there early enough, they open at 7 a.m.).
Farm fresh eggs!
     The latest news? They just added a bit of seating and now offer espresso and coffee. One more thing, they also offer beautiful farm fresh eggs, many times gathered that morning, and they are also wonderful. Just remember, you must have some people to share with before you go in, because you won't leave without enough food for at least 4 people, trust me.
     Now about "Simply Cupcakes," the new cupcake shop that is only a few steps away. French buttercream melts in your mouth without being sickeningly sweet. It smells divine when you walk in and then the eye candy hits you and you feel woozy with delight. On any given day you can choose from at least 9 different cupcakes, all  look like little pieces of art.
Cupcakes for my birthday!
A typical display of the days offerings
     Some of the choices I've made include: Lemon Love, Raspberry Waltz, Black Tie, Cherry Royale, Snowball, Key Lime, Banana Cream, Blueberry Blast, Red Velvet, oh I could go on and on and on...Honestly, that little block of Front St. has become the most tempting and dangerous strip of downtown for me to drive by, or think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!