About Me

My photo
I am a multifaceted woman, living with intention and passion. I always see the glass as half full (ok, almost always). Currently into: jewelry design, glass beadmaking (aka lampworking), visual journaling, cooking and web design everything. Things that bring me great joy: my family, friends, Scrabble, British period pieces, Shabby Chic, Austin, TX, mini art tiles, autographed cookbooks, chocolate, Chianti, pedicures and beach glass. I don't "do" and/or dig: dishonesty, guilt, intolerance, unkindness, drama and goat cheese (it's a long story, but I love all the other cheeses!) So you now have a teeny tiny little picture of me, with a few warts thrown in. Welcome to my world!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Guilty Pleasures...

     I admit it. I have guilty pleasures. Those things that you know you really shouldn't like/enjoy, but do anyway. Of course, I don't "do" guilt, so really they are what I would call guilty pleasures if I did do guilt. I read a wonderful book, "The Feminine Mistake," a few years ago and the author talks about guilt being a very unproductive thing and states that she doesn't "do" guilt, and I have adopted this as well. Nothing good comes from doing things out of guilt or from feeling guilty. If you are doing something nice or kind out of guilt, is it really that nice or kind? If you are carrying around guilty feelings, how is that helpful in your life? If you guilt someone into doing anything, is that ever a good thing? I don't think so, but that is my personal opinion. So, again, I don't "do" guilt. But I digress, forgive me.

     Back to guilty pleasures. A few of mine include the occasional romance novel (Julie Garwood or Johanna Lindsey), butter fried store-bought pierogies, Taco Bell steak supreme gorditas (don't judge me), Little Debbie gas station brownies, chocolate covered Twinkies (the local Kilwin's is really the main pusher here, I blame them), Cheetos (puffy or crunchy, I'm not picky) and Cracker Barrel's chicken dumplings (why, oh why?). Ok, that is all I am confessing to today. These things are not so good for my mind or body, so I don't have them often, but sometimes I just have to indulge. If you are in the mood to cook anything, make sure you check out my favorite foodie blog guilty pleasure, And All the Trimmings, photos to go with each recipe, I could hang out there all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!